An opportunity has come up for a motivated Chartered/State Registered Physiotherapist to work with Swansea RFC, who play in the Principality Premiership, for the upcoming 2013/14 season.
The position would equally suit two physiotherapists working together on a job share basis. There is an opportunity for the successful applicant to commence duties with immediate effect.
The role will involve providing physiotherapy cover for training sessions on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, as well as match day cover for all Welsh Premiership Games during the season. A willingness to work weekends and evenings is essential for this position. Remuneration will be based on a sessional/match day rate, to be invoiced monthly.
Key Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Ensuring Swansea RFC players are provided with, and adhering to, appropriate rehab programmes when required
• Ensuring Swansea RFC players receive the necessary and appropriate physiotherapy/medical management
• Providing Swansea RFC players with relevant and appropriate information that enables them to understand the injury sustained, injury management, the treatment required and the approximate time for full recovery
• Setting goals both medium and short term for players to reach with regard to rehab
• Providing effective weekly feedback to Swansea RFC Head Coach regarding physical wellbeing of players post match and pre training, outlining availability, current injury status and necessary training modifications.
• Meet and communicate regularly with Swansea RFC conditioning staff to ensure the appropriate and safe planning and progression of conditioning and rehabilitation for injured players
The successful candidate will be required to attend the WRU introduction to Pitch Side Immediate Care Course or demonstrate a similar level of qualification. In addition to this there will be access to 2 further CPD events run by the WRU during the season.
Notifications of interest in this post should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your current employment and any previous relevant experience working in sport, no later than 5.00pm on Monday 23rd September.