RGC Under 18's 24 - 29 Ospreys Under 18's

The Eyasses fought back from an 18 point deficit to win in a tight and exciting game in North Wales

With two wins and two losses so far in the Under 18'sRegional Age Grade season, the Eyasses faced the long trip to North Wales on Sunday hoping to get a third win under their belts before the Christmas break.

The plan didn't get off to the perfect start when with just two minutes on the clock, RGC managed to break the Eyasses defence and score their first converted try. Before the first ten minutes of the game was played, RGC crossed for the second time. This time however kicker, Armarni Roberts, couldn't find his target.

Just three minutes later, and with just twelve minutes gone, the young Ospreys defensive problems continued as RGC got their third try of the match. Like the second, it went unconverted but with less than a quarter of the match played  RGC led by 17 points to nothing.

The Eyasses managed to get themselves on to the scoreboard with two successful penalty kicks but there was no stopping the powerful home side's attack and with ten minutes until half time they scored their 4th try.

Despite being 24 - 6 down, the Eyasses impressively didn't give up and some strong play and teamwork got the visitors two tries in the next five minutes, courtesy of Jacob Blackmore and Jack Cambriani. James Davies successfully converting one of the tries to bring the score at half time to:

RGC Under 18's 24 - 18 Ospreys Under 18's

The young Ospreys started the second half as they had finished the first half, on the front foot. A James Davies penalty early in the second half brought the visitors within three points and soon after they were attacking the RGC defence again. Keelan Giles, who's pace has been so impressive this season, once again flying over the try line to put the Eyasses ahead for the first time all match.

Despite there being almost half an hour of play remaining both teams were out of their earlier ability to complete the moves and the only other points coming from a James Davies penalty late in the game.

FT:  RGC Under 18's 24 - 29 Ospreys Under 18's