Ospreys Rugby are looking to recruit a full time Physiotherapist to join the existing Sports Medicine Team ahead of the 2016/17 Season.
In addition to assisting in the daily physiotherapy support to the senior squad, the successful candidate will have additional responsibilities, contributing to the injury management, prevention and rehabilitation support for our B & C group players.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of the RTPW program for Ospreys B & C group players, generate weekly progress reports and communicate effectively with elite youth performance & development managers regarding prognosis and integration of players back into the rugby training/playing environment.
- Day to day physiotherapy support for senior A squad players in addition to B&C group players. Duties include but are not limited to, accurate injury assessment and diagnosis, treatment, prehab/rehab, msk screening/profiling, pitch side cover for training sessions.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all aspects of physiotherapy treatment, injury management and rehab content in keeping with Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) guidelines.
- Provide match day cover for Ospreys fixtures as required in all competitions including development/A team fixtures.
- Communicate effectively with Medical Performance Manager on all aspects of player management (assessment, treatment & rehab progression) and assist with departmental administration including but not restricted to injury surveillance across B & C groups.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a desire to work with elite athletes in professional sport/rugby, and the role will suit an ambitious, highly motivated physio with the desire to learn and develop in this challenging but exciting and supportive environment. Specific experience working in elite environments is desirable but not essential.
Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
WRU Immediate Care in Rugby (ICIR) or equivalent qualification.
SALARY- BASED ON EXPERIENCE
LOCATION- LLANDARCY ACADEMY OF SPORT
CONTRACT TYPE- FIXED TERM
CONTRACT TERM- FULL TIME
TO APPLY- SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV, DETAILS OF CURRENT REMUNERATION AND A SHORT COVERING LETTER OUtLINING WHY YOU ARE BEST SUITED TO THE ROLE TO firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE- FRIDAY 15/04/16
INTERVIEW DATE- SATURDAY 23/04/16 (AT LLANDARCY ACADEMY OF SPORT)