Ospreys Win 37 - 23

After a well balanced game, the Ospreys pulled away with two late penalties by Shaun Connor and a try by Ben Lewis toseal the Ospreys first win of the season in this years Magners league.

The Ospreys recorded their first Magners League victory of the season at the Liberty Stadium today.

Neither side had won a league match so far, so they were both desperate to clear their way from the bottom of the table.

Barry Williams led the side out to mark his 100th competitive appearance for the Welsh region and it was the hosts who got out of the starting blocks the quickest.

Outside-half ShaunConnor succeeded with a well taken drop goal before Glasgow had full-back Bernardo Stortoni sin-binned for deliberately knocking the ball on as the Ospreys mounted a quick attack deep into the Scottish region's 22.

It got better for the Ospreys as full-back Lee Byrne finished off a superb movement across the back division, with Connor and Henson contributing well for a fine try in the corner.

An error on the Ospreys 22 gave outside-half Colin Gregor the chance to get the first points on the board for the Scotsmen, which he gratefully accepted. A superb 40 metre dash by scrum-half Sam Pinder seeled a fine converted try and a further penalty by Gregor put for Glasgow in front for the first time.

The Ospreys were quick to respond and were rewarded as Byrne grabbed his second touchdown of the match after he was put in from two metres by scrum-half Justin Marshall.

Connor converted and also added another drop-goal, this time from 30 metres, to give his team an eight-point lead at half-time.

After the restart, Glasgow fought back to go into a two-point lead at the hour mark with Gregor slotting a penalty and within minutes the Ospreys' defence was breached again, with winger Colin Shaw rounding the home defence from 20 metres to go in at the right-hand corner.

Glasgow must have thought that they were on course for that first win of the campaign - but Connor had other thoughts.

He landed three penalties to put the Ospreys 30-23 ahead, before a powerful run from Filo Tiatia, who linked up with Ben Lewis who sprinted over for a third try, which sealed the win for the home team