Connacht are the visitors to Morganstone Brewery Field as the Guinness PRO14 returns this weekend.
OSPREYS v CONNACHT
At Morganstone Brewery Field, Bridgend, 8.05pm
Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU, 25th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Sam Grove-White (SRU), Mike English (WRU) Citing Commissioner: Gwyn Bowden (WRU)
TMO: Neil Paterson (SRU)
Overall Guinness PRO14 head to head record:
Played 30, Ospreys won 21, Connacht won 9.
Did you know?
- Morganstone Brewery Field in Bridgend hosts its first Championship encounter since Celtic Warriors beat Cardiff Blues there on 7 May 2004.
- Ospreys two Guinness PRO14 defeats this season have both been away from home, at Munster in round 3 and at Scarlets in round 6.
- Ospreys have won their last eight home games in the Championship, with all of those matches being played at Liberty Stadium. This game has been moved to Bridgend, the first home game that Ospreys have taken out of Swansea in the Championship since Liberty Stadium was opened in September 2005.
- Connacht’s record in the Guinness PRO14 this season could not be more uniform, lost, won, lost, won, lost, won – they have not won successive games in the Championship for almost twelve months.
- Connacht have won just once away from home since February: 22-15 against Ulster in Belfast in round 6.
- The Irishmen have played twice before at Brewery Field in the Championship, beating Bridgend there in September 2002 and losing to Celtic Warriors in February 2004.
- Ospreys only defeat in their last four encounters with Connacht was at Galway in February.