Dewi Lake scores vs Dragons

Ospreys secure vital bonus point win against Dragons

Ospreys remain on the road to the knockouts after a much-needed bonus point victory over the Dragons at home.

The Ospreys made themselves known early on with some huge hits , the pick of the bunch being Dewi Lake on Elliot Dee off the lineout just as the ball was released.

Despite the boys enjoying a majority of the early possession, the first points of the game went to the away team through a penalty. Dragons 3-0 Ospreys.

As we passed the 10 minute mark, Ospreys were enjoying a good spell of territory but the Dragons defence was holding strong. After turning the ball over near their own try line, the Dragons were next to enter opposition 22 and were able to come away with another three points. Ospreys 0-6 Dragons.

With the 25-minute mark just passed, Ospreys were in control of everything except the scoreboard.

After another spell of pressure from Ospreys, Dragons conceded a consecutive string of penalties which saw number eight Aaron Wainwright sent to the bin.

TRY FOR OSPREYS! The Dragons fought to keep the Ospreys off their try line but the pack proved to be too much and Dewi Lake was able to power over for a score on his 50th appearance. Dan Eds converted. Ospreys 7-6 Dragons.

As the Ospreys played their way out of their own 22, Dane Blacker was sent to the bin as he slapped the ball out of Tips’ hands at the ruck. 

TRY FOR THE OSPREYS! A set piece that you’d expect to see in Super Rugby! With the clock at red, Jac Morgan played the ol’ switcheroo to Morgan Morris off the back off the maul who ran down the blindside and offloaded superbly inside to Reuben Morgan-Williams to finish. Dan Eds converted. Ospreys 14-6 Dragons.




The Ospreys came out with a bit between their teeth, putting instant pressure on the 13 men Dragons from the kickoff.

TRY FOR OSPREYS! The pressure was fruitful as the Dragons were powerless to the Ospreys’ devastating rolling maul. Jac Morgan borrowing one from Dewi as he came away with the score. Ospreys 21-6 Dragons.

With ten minutes played in the second half, Ospreys went close again, as Morgan Morris broke through the Dragons’ defence. But, the away side were able to recover.

Dragons were next to get on the scoreboard for their first try of the game, Will Reed finishing after a well worked play off the lineout. Reed converted. Ospreys 19-13 Dragons.

BONUS POINT TRY FOR OSPREYS! Keith from Neath (Keiran Williams) collected the ball straight from a lineout near the Dragons line and finished clinically. Dan Eds converted, 26-13 Ospreys.

The Ospreys defensive line continued to stay organised in the second half, with the Dragons having little joy in breaking them down.

With under 20 remaining, the boys went close to adding another to their tally after a quality set piece freed Luke Morgan. Luke went close but the Dragons were able to hold the ball up in the succeeding phases.

WHAT A RECOVERY FROM TIPS! It looked like the Dragons were about the close the gap as they broke through but the man that doesn’t age in the blue hat pulled down Blacker to stop the score. 

Rhys Henry was once again proving he’s a back born in a forwards’ body. A side step beat a Dragons defender before he offloaded well to Huw Sutton.

Dragons kept probing the Ospreys defence, but ultimately the visitors had no answer for a resolute Ospreys line. The boys held strong in the second half and secured a much-needed bonus point victory in our last home game season. 




The road to the knockouts continues in our final game of the regular season as we meet Cardiff at Judgement Day. The boys are doing everything they can, so make sure you're there to cheer them on.