Ospreys Rugby are looking to recruit a full time Senior Physiotherapist to join the existing Sports Medicine Team ahead of the 2015/16 Season.
In addition to providing day-to-day physiotherapy support to the senior squad, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and co-ordination of the Return to Play Well (RTPW) programme for our injured players.
This will involve working closely with the wider rugby management team (coaching/S&C/ Sport Science/Sport Psych/Nutrition) and the Medical Performance Manager to maximise the performance of players returning from injury, as well as continuing to look at evidence based and innovative ways to evolve, measure and improve practice in the pursuit of excellence.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a background of at least three years working in professional sport/rugby, and must have a skill set which includes the practical delivery of performance rehab to professional athletes.
The successful applicant will have a Bsc Hons in Physiotherapy, be a member of the CSP and HCPC registered. You will also have the WRU Immediate Care in Rugby (ICIR) or equivalent qualification.
A Post-Graduate qualification in Sport & Exercise Medicine, Sports Physiotherapy or Sports Rehabilitation is desirable.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Planning/Coordinating RTPW program for Ospreys Senior Players, generate weekly progress reports and communicate effectively with senior rugby management regarding prognosis and integration of players back into the rugby training/playing environment.
- Day to day physiotherapy support for senior A squad players and B&C group players as required. Duties include but are not limited to, accurate injury assessment and diagnosis, treatment, prehab/rehab, msk screening/profiling, pitch side cover for training sessions.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all aspects of physiotherapy treatment, injury management and rehab content in keeping with Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) guidelines.
- Provide match day cover for full Ospreys and Ospreys A team fixtures as required.
- Assist Medical Performance Manager with departmental administration, reporting and management tasks as required.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a background of at least 3 years working in professional sport/rugby, and must have a skill set which includes the practical delivery of performance rehab to professional athletes.
Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
WRU Immediate Care in Rugby (ICIR) or equivalent qualification
Post Graduate qualification in Sport & Exercise Medicine, Sports Physiotherapy or Sports Rehabilitation.
TO APPLY FOR THE POST PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV, DETAILS OF CURRENT REMUNERATION AND A SHORT COVERING LETTER OULINING WHY YOU ARE BEST SUITED TO THE ROLE TO firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE- FRIDAY 01/05/15
INTERVIEW DATE- SATURDAY 09/05/15 (AT LLANDARCY ACADEMY OF SPORT)