Ospreys 27 Bristol 15

The Ospreys hope for yet another season with an unbeated home record.

Ospreys 27-15 Bristol

Ospreys got off to a great start in the first 2 minutes, with the return of our wing Aled Brew opening the scoring with a try, with fly-half Shaun Connor adding a conversion.

The Ospreys looked lively in these early stages and, after a massive Lee Byrne clearance gave them good field position, Bristol offended at a ruck on their 22. Connor went for goal and made it 10-0 after five minutes.

The Ospreys gave away a penalty at the ruck and Jason Strange made it 10 - 3.

Bristol had a 5 metre scrum as a result but gave away a penalty and the chance was gone.

Bristol's pack came straight back again to apply more pressure. El Abd looked to have wriggled clear and Anthony Elliott was looking dangerous with ball in hand but the Ospreys defence held firm.

Turnovers cost Bristol dear as Luke Arscott knocked on when crossing the home 10 metre line. The Ospreys gathered up the loose ball and, one pass later, Lee Byrne was untouchable as he ran clear to score under the posts. Connor converted for a 17-3 lead after 26 minutes.

Jonny Vaughton had a good run but what was looking to be an impressive try was stopped by the Bristol defence.

Bristol managed to hold out and worked their way up to near halfway but were then penalised for holding on in the tackle. Connor went for the posts and made the score 20-3 with a well struck penalty.

As the game went into injury time, another Bristol turnover was pounced on as the ball went to ground in midfield and the Ospreys Martin Roberts quickly used his pace to take the ball on and score. Connor's conversion made the half time score 27-3.

The second half kicked off with the Ospreys applying pressure. However, Bristol got on the scoreboard when Andrew Blowers scoring a try. Jason Strange converted from the touchline for 27-10 after 55 minutes.

Both teams had a squad of 26 players and during this friendly match we saw many replacements, giving all players match game leading up to the start of the new season.

A try for Bristol prop Alex Clarke although David Hill was unable to add the extras from the touchline made the final score 27 -15.