CityJet, official airline partner of the Ospreys, will be handing supporters the chance to kick for victory at the Liberty Stadium when the PRO12 returns later this month.
Reigning champions Leinster visit Ospreylia on Friday 27th February (7.35pm KO) in a crucial fixture in the race for the end of season play-offs, and four lucky ticket holders are going to be offered a fantastic opportunity to compete for free flights for a whole year*.
In a test of nerves and skill, at half-time in the match participants will take their turn to kick a rugby ball from the 22m line, with the first to strike the crossbar winning two complimentary CityJet flights a month, to any scheduled destination, for a whole year.
It’s the first time ever that supporters have been able to step onto the hallowed Liberty Stadium turf to kick at goal, with CityJet and the Ospreys coming together to offer a fantastic prize worth more than £5000.
Yarnie Guthrie, Ospreys Commercial Manager, said:
“This is a great competition and a fantastic prize courtesy of our partners at CityJet. It’s a fantastic opportunity for four supporters to do something they would never normally get the chance to do and step onto the pitch at the Liberty to follow in the footstep of people like Dan Biggar and kick for goal.
“One lucky winner could win the chance to travel with CityJet over the next 12 months, and I’ve no doubt that we will be inundated by entries from supporters who think they’ve got what it takes to perform in front of a big crowd.”
Martina McDermott, Head of Marketing CityJet, commented:
“We have an excellent relationship with the Ospreys, the leading Welsh rugby region, and it’s great that we are in a position to reward one supporter with free flights for a year. We are excited about hosting the Cross Bar Challenge at the Liberty Stadium, and look forward to seeing what kicking skills the Ospreys supporters have.”
Ospreys supporters can apply to take part in the CityJet Cross Bar Challenge simply by following our official Twitter account, @ospreys, and look out for a tweet including the hashtag #winwithcityjet which will include instructions on how you can win a place in the competition. Four people will be chosen at random, and you must be over 18 and have a valid ticket for the match to be able to enter.
CityJet and the Ospreys have worked in partnership since the start of 2014, with the airline becoming an official partner at the beginning of this season, since when their logo has featured on the right leg of the match day shorts.
As one of the largest carriers operating out of London City Airport, CityJet offers over 650 flights a week, over 300 of them from this conveniently located airport. CityJet operates to multiple destinations in the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe from both London City Airport and Cardiff Airport.
The airline operates from Cardiff to Edinburgh and Paris - Orly as well as non-stop services from London City to Amsterdam, Antwerp, Avignon, Brest, Brive, Deauville, Dresden, Dublin, Florence, Nantes, Paris-Orly, Rotterdam and Toulon. It also offers direct seasonal flights from Dublin to Brest and Amsterdam to Avignon, Brive and Perpignan.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prize is for two adult return flights per month to any of Cityjet’s destinations on their network or up to a maximum of 12 x 2 return flights.
- All free flights must be redeemed by 27th February 2016
- No cash alternative is offered.
- Winner and companion must hold valid passports and visas needed to travel to any of the CityJet destinations.
- 12 day advance purchase period required.
- Standard CityJet terms and conditions apply also.
- Entrants need to be over eighteen years of age (to allow for fair competition)
- Entrants need to be a ticket holder for the scheduled match to take advantage of the promotional place (no tickets will be supplied)
- Kicks will be taken from the 22 metre line
- To win, the crossbar must be struck with a rugby ball kicked off a tee from the 22 metre line
- Lots will be drawn for the sequence of kicks prior to the competition
- If one of the participants successfully strikes crossbar with a valid kick the competition ends
- There will be one kick per person with no practice kicks allowed
- Participants with medical issues or injuries of any kind may not take part and must disclose any such ailments in advance
- CityJet and Ospreys Rugby are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur during participation in this competition
- All participants must sign an injury disclaimer prior to taking part
- An independent judge (positioned under the rugby posts) will indicate a winning result of the kick by raising a flag.
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into thereafter
- This competition is not open to CityJet and Ospreys Rugby employees, agents, contractors or sub-contractors - or their families
- By accepting the prize, the winner grants CityJet and Ospreys Rugby the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as chosen (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration
- People entering the competition will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.