- Ospreys Rugby are looking to recruit a full time Physiotherapist to join the existing Sports Medicine Team for the 2020/21 Season.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of senior, and senior academy contracted players.
This will involve working closely with the wider rugby management team (coaching/S&C/ Sport Science/Sport Psych/Nutrition) and the Medical Performance Manager to maximise the performance of players returning from injury, as well as continuing to look at evidence based and innovative ways to, measure and improve practice in the pursuit of excellence.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a background of at least three years working in professional sport/rugby and must have a skill set which includes the practical delivery of performance rehab to professional athletes.
The successful applicant will have a BSc Hons in Physiotherapy, be a member of the CSP and HCPC registered. You will also need to have a level 3 Immediate Care in Sport (ICIS) or equivalent qualification.
A Post-Graduate qualification in Sport & Exercise Medicine, Sports Physiotherapy or Sports Rehabilitation is desirable.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Day to day physiotherapy support for Ospreys senior squad players and senior academy group players as required. Duties include but are not limited to, accurate injury assessment and diagnosis, treatment, prehab/rehab programming, msk screening/profiling and pitch side cover for training sessions.
• Maintain accurate and detailed records of all aspects of physiotherapy treatment, injury management and rehab content in keeping with Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) guidelines.
• Provide match day cover for Ospreys and Ospreys development team fixtures as required.
• Assist Medical Performance Manager with departmental administration, reporting and management tasks as required.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a background of at least 3 years working in professional sport/rugby and must have a skill set which includes the practical delivery of performance rehab to professional athletes.
Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Level 3 Immediate Care in Sport (ICIS) or equivalent qualification
Post Graduate qualification in Sport & Exercise Medicine, Sports Physiotherapy or Sports Rehabilitation.
- How to apply
- To apply for the post please send a copy of your CV, details of current remuneration and a short covering letter outlining why you are best suited for the role to [email protected] by Thursday 10th September, 4pm.
Job Vacancy - Senior Physiotherapist