Ospreys Rugby have an exciting new position available to join the team as Commercial Director.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Commercial Director will be responsible for maximising and growing all revenue streams across the Ospreys and influencing the wider business strategy. The role will span Partnerships, Tickets and Hospitality, Merchandise and Licensing, Digital Media and Content and Corporate Event Sales.
This role is an integral part of the Ospreys Leadership Team that, as well as having overall responsibility to drive revenue, will be central to achieving the new Vision of the organisation and upholding it in all interactions with all stakeholders.
The role will require you to build and maintain strong relationships with senior decision-makers within the Ospreys and the broader Rugby and business ecosystem in order to grow and achieve sustainable revenues to drive the business plan of sustainable success.
As a member of the Leadership Team, you will also inspire and lead staff in all areas to deliver outstanding results through best-in-class business propositions, within the commercial sphere and beyond.
- Develop the Strategic Commercial Business Plan
- Create and drive sales process to increase commercial revenue by asset and overall
- Work with the Brand and Marketing team to refine the Osprey’s proposition and fan understanding to enhance the Clubs commercial value.
- Monitor and review industry dynamics and adapt plans and shape strategies accordingly.
- Enhance the club’s capability to engage with and commercialise the youth audience.
- Work with Marketing to identify and develop new commercial markets to enhance the Ospreys commercial opportunity in line with globalisation strategy
- Lead negotiations at Board level with potential new business partners, working with other SMT members, Ospreys and Y11 Board members and the Ospreys CEO
- Understand the changing needs of business partners and the commercial imperatives of different industry sectors to strike / evolve innovative, profitable deals.
- Take a varied approach to developing partnerships and set new standards for excellence in both negotiation and delivery of contractual agreements.
- Define and execute a commercial strategy for Season Tickets Holders, working with Marketing to define the right proposition, price and sales strategy to ensure double digit % growth YOY
- Work with Marketing and hospitality team to define and price hospitality packages and ensure brand and comms alignment, supported by a growth orientated sales strategy
- Work with CEO and Financial Director to plot a route to budget and ensure regular reporting and collaboration to achieving it
- Work within the Ospreys and wider Y11 ecosystem to identify and convert commercial opportunities
- Build the club’s partnership proposition to ensure a management programme that is adept at strategy, delivery and evaluation with a view to building longer term, higher value partnerships.
- Pro-active involvement in all digital and social media initiatives to increase the ROI through effective and targeted marketing and data analytics.
- Lead and develop the commercial team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
· Highly credible in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to clearly communicate the strategic objectives and priorities of the club and delegate appropriately to respective departments.
· Significant evidence of building successful teams and creating a high-performance culture
· Experience in delivering across the commercial spectrum, from strategy to sales
· Proven track record across all commercial pillars, with an emphasis on partnerships, tickets and hospitality and merchandise
· A holistic understanding of the virtuous circle of sport, specifically the inter-dependencies between brand, comms, marketing and commercial to achieve high value and sustainable commercial return
· Experience of making a local brand global and commercialising the growth
· Demonstrable success of finding and building new areas of revenue generation.
· Proven track record of delivering world class commercial and marketing partnerships.
· Experience in building collaborative working environments internally and with external partners.
· Experience of implementing successful change programmes
· Experience in Rugby or professional sports organisation is desirable but not essential
· Credibility to lead an experienced team.
· Decisive and able to make tough decisions under pressure.
· Creative and strategic thinker, able to provide effective solutions for the business and for customers.
· Target driven and focussed.
· High level commercial thinking and behaviours.
· Excellent communicator – encouraging open communication across the organisation
Sports X Consulting have been exclusively retained by Ospreys Rugby Club to appoint a Commercial Director. All direct applications and CV's will be forwarded to Jon Carey, Co-Founder of Sports X Consulting.
Please contact Jon Carey via firstname.lastname@example.org