The Ospreys welcome Bordeaux–Begles to the Liberty Stadium in the European Rugby Champions Cup on Saturday – and you can be there to support the cause
After making a flying start to their campaign, with six points from the first two games, the Ospreys sit at the top of Pool 2, and will be looking to cement their position in first place.
They kicked off a month ago with one of the results of the season to date, defeating high flying Aviva Premiership Exeter Chiefs 25-13 at the Liberty Stadium, Josh Matavesi’s late interception try sealing the win.
Then, a week later, the Ospreys travelled to one of Europe’s toughest fortresses, Stade Marcel Michelin, where they did what no team has done in the competition since October 2008 and left with more than a solitary losing bonus point. A late rally secured both a try bonus and a losing bonus as the Ospreys went down fighting, losing 34-29 to last season’s runners up, Clermont Auvergne.
• Ospreys have never lost to French opposition in 11 matches at the Liberty Stadium, having won 9 and drawn 2, including the 19-19 draw with Racing Metro a year ago this weekend
• Ospreys have won 22 of their last 29 home games in the Champions Cup and have drawn a further three of those matches (L4)
• Bordeaux-Begles have won only one of their five Champions Cup fixtures away from home (L4), their one win coming in their first ever away fixture in the competition
• Ospreys have conceded the fewest turnovers per game this season, averaging just nine per game so far
• Bordeaux-Begles are the only team in the competition to boast a 100% lineout success rate so far winning all seven on their own throw
Tickets for Saturday’s game, along with the New Year’s Day derby against the Dragons, are on sale now from the Liberty Stadium Ticket Office with prices starting from £20 for adults, £5 for kids. You can buy in person, via the Ticket Hotline on 0844 815 6665 or online 24/7 at www.ospreysrugby.com/buytickets
Alternatively, if you are a regular supporter unable to commit to a season membership who still gets to at least four games in a season, why not sign up to the new Flexi-Ticket package which gives you a discount of up to 25 per cent on matchday admission when you pick four games you want to watch over the season.
Open to all supporters, the Flexi Ticket offers a mid-price way for fans to show their support for the region if they feel that other commitments mean a normal season membership doesn’t offer them full value, with prices starting at just £59 for adults, for four games.
The procedure for purchasing a Flexi Ticket is exactly the same as buying any normal matchday ticket, and they are available now from the usual outlets. The Flexi Ticket covers all regular season, scheduled PRO12 and European Rugby Champions Cup matches.
You don’t need to choose your matches now, as you will be issued four vouchers at the time of purchase which can then be exchanged for the match tickets of your choice, right up until two hours before kick-off.