The Ospreys will be looking to cement their place at the top of the Guinness PRO12 this weekend when they welcome Newport Gwent Dragons to the Liberty Stadium this Sunday (4.00pm KO).
With just three defeats from 12 games to date, the Ospreys are a point clear of Glasgow at the summit of the PRO12, with Munster (a further two points behind) and Leinster (four points behind the Ospreys) taking up the fourth and final play-off spot, climbing above Ulster thanks to their derby win on Saturday.
The Ospreys currently sit 12 points clear of their nearest Welsh rival, the Scarlets, also putting them in pole position to qualify for next season’s ERCC as the best placed Welsh region.
A quick glimpse at the table shows the following interesting stats:
- With nine wins from 12 games, no team have won more games in the PRO12 this season than the Ospreys (Glasgow in second have also won nine)
- The Ospreys are the highest scorers in the PRO12 to date with 295 points, 11 ahead of Leinster who are second highest on 284
- The points difference of 100 is the biggest in the league (Munster with 88 are second)
- The total of 29 tries scored in12 games is the second highest in the league, one behind Munster on 30
- The Ospreys have only conceded 14 tries, less than any other team in the league
The Dragons will come to the Liberty Stadium this Sunday currently sitting in 10th place, off the back of a win and a draw in their double header versus Cardiff Blues over the weekend.
Having already defeated the Dragons at Rodney Parade this season (17-15 in September), the Ospreys are undefeated against the Gwent region in the PRO12 since January 2012. In the six successive wins since then, the Ospreys have scored 174 points at an average 29 per game, scoring 21 tries (average 3.5 per game. For their part, the Dragons have scored 76 points at an average of 13 a match, scoring a total of five tries.
Your support is crucial as the team looks to keep their unbeaten home record intact, so make you are at the Liberty Stadium this Sunday.
Tickets are on sale now at the Liberty Stadium Ticket Office, via the Ticket Hotline on 0844 815 6665 and online at www,ospreysrugby.com/buytickets, with adults priced from £20, kids from just £5.
Alternatively, you can purchase a Flexi Ticket and take your pick of four game from the remaining six home matches from just £59. With the likes of Northampton Saints, Munster, Leinster and Glasgow still to visit the Liberty, this is an unmissable offer for any Ospreys supporter.