Whilst these times we are living through right now can be worrying, it's important that we all look after one another and take care of our health.
Along with Public Health Wales, we've compiled a list of resources and tips available to help you through these unprecedented times. For a quick summary click here.
Sport Wales have a wide range of advice available to look after yourselves during lockdown, which can be found here.
As well as our physical health, it's vitally important to take care of our mental health. While it is important to stay informed, there are also many things we can do to support and tackle our wellbeing during such difficult times.
There is a wide range of mental health resources available around the region which are available to download here.
For a list of wellbeing services currently running click here.
For tips on staying well at home and looking after your mental health visit Public Health Wales website.
At Ospreys in the Community, we were devastated to have to postpone our Sporting Memories sessions, but the health of all our participants is of the upmost importance.
Despite not being able to be with each other right now, Helen John our Health and Wellbeing co-ordinator has adapted a number of resources so attendees can access them online. As well as sending out weekly newsletters and emails filled with trivia, puzzles, we've also set up Whatsapp and Facebook groups to keep our members engaged.
We're always looking for new ideas and sporting memories to share, so if you'd like to get involved, contact Helen today at [email protected]
If anyone would like to join our facebook group or get in touch with us on social media click here.
- Hafal are Wales’ leading charity for people with serious mental illness and their carers. Covering all areas of Wales, Hafal is an organisation managed by the people we support: individuals whose lives have been affected by serious mental illness.
- Latest information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) from Public Health Wales, including information on what to do if you have symptoms, and what action you need to take to prevent its spread.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Symptom Checker from NHS Direct Wales:
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing: excellent advice from Mind on how to look after your mental health if you are worried about the situation
- Tips from the Mental Health Foundation on dealing with the media coverage of coronavirus and reducing anxiety
- Here at Ospreys in the Community, we also came up with our own tips to help you stay positive during the lockdown.
Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives.