The full 2017/18 Guinness PRO14 fixture list has been revealed, with days and times confirmed for all Ospreys fixtures right up to Round 12 on New Year’s Eve.
- Opening month sees Zebre at the Liberty for a non-televised clash on Saturday 2nd September (2.30pm KO) before Glasgow (A), Munster (H), Treviso (A) and Cheetahs (A).
- Back to back PRO14 home derbies against Scarlets and Dragons in October
- Christmas sees those fixtures reversed before Blues visit Ospreylia at the start of 2018
- Final day of the season sees Ospreys away to Blues
- February sees both South African newcomers come to the Liberty for the first time
It promises to be an exciting season of championship rugby with the Ospreys set to welcome both of the South African newcomers, Southern Kings and Cheetahs, to the Liberty Stadium, along with a full complement of Welsh derbies.
Traditional Celtic Rugby rivalries continue with Glasgow, Leinster and Munster all among those set to visit Ospreylia over the course the year.
The season kick-off on Saturday 2nd September with a non-televised home game against Zebre, kicking off at 2.30pm. The only way to see this match is to be at the Liberty Stadium in person to support the cause.
The following weekend sees the Ospreys head north to face Glasgow on Saturday 9th September, with Munster then visiting the Liberty on the 16th (3.15pm).
There are two weekends on the road to follow, with the Ospreys in Italy to play Benetton Treviso on Friday 22nd September (8.35pm) before making a historic first ever journey to South Africa to face Cheetahs on Saturday 30th September (2pm).
Round 6 sees the first Welsh derbies of the season, with the Ospreys hosting the Scarlets on Saturday 7th October at 7.35pm and, after a two week break for Europe, Round 7 is another set of derby clashes, with the Dragons visiting the Liberty on Friday 27th October (7.35pm).
November kicks off with Edinburgh away on Saturday 4th (5.30pm) in Round 8, concluding with the next round of fixtures seeing Glasgow come to Swansea on weekend of 24/25/26 November, dependent on TV scheduling of the Swans home game v Bournemouth.
A week later is Munster at Irish Independent Park on Saturday 2nd December (5.30pm).
The Christmas period sees the traditional derby fixtures, with Parc y Scarlets taking it’s turn to host the Ospreys at 5.35pm on Boxing Day before the Dragons welcome the Ospreys to Rodney Parade at the same time on New Year’s Eve. The Ospreys will then play Cardiff Blues at the Liberty in Round 13 on weekend of 5/6/7 January, dependent on the FA Cup third round draw.
The Ospreys have made a commercial decision to surrender a home fixture over New Year due to scheduling issues which would have meant us playing a home game on the evening of Tuesday 2nd January. In doing so, we have protected the annual clash with the Scarlets while ensuring our home derby fixtures are played at the most attractive time and day possible.
Fixtures beyond Round 13 are:
Round 14 – Connacht v Ospreys, 9/10/11 February
Round 15 – Ospreys v Southern Kings, 16/17/18 February
Round 16 – Ospreys v Cheetahs, 23/24/25 February
Round 17 – Zebre v Ospreys, 2/3/4 March
Round 18 – Ospreys v Leinster, 23/24/25 March
Round 19 – Ospreys v Connacht, 6/7/8 March
Round 20 – Ulster v Ospreys, 13/14/15 April
Round 21 – Cardiff Blues v Ospreys, 27/28/29 April
Quarter Final – W/E of 4/5/6 May
Semi Final – W/E of 18/19/20 May
Final – Saturday 26th May
Note to supporters
The introduction of conferences as part of the Guinness PRO12 restructure means that we will now have one less home championship fixture for this season than was originally advertised.
In light of that, Ospreys Rugby has agreed to the following:
- All season members are entitled to claim up to two additional complimentary match tickets for a home Guinness PRO14 match of their choice* to introduce friends and family to thrills of live rugby at the Liberty Stadium
A season membership remains fantastic value, covering 17 matches across the season, still the highest number ever covered by an Ospreys season membership:
- 2 pre-season fixtures v Bath and Leicester Tigers
- 10 Guinness PRO14 home games
- Three European Rugby Champions Cup ties, against Saracens, Clermont Auvergne and Northampton Saints
- Two home Anglo Welsh Cup fixtures
Any enquiries about this issue should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our customer service team will be back to you as soon as possible.
*Not including Welsh derby fixtures