The draw for next season’s European competitions will take place in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, four weeks today on Wednesday 29th June.
The European Challenge Cup pool draw will commence at 1pm UK time and will be streamed live on the tournament website www.epcrugby.com . The exact fixture dates and times will be confirmed at a later point.
We will be covering the full draw live in real time on our social media channels, with instant reaction from inside the camp at Llandarcy Academy of Sport on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and ospreysrugby.com.
How the European Challenge Cup works:
- The 20 clubs which have qualified on merit from the Aviva Premiership, the Greene King IPA Championship, the PRO12, the TOP 14, the PRO D2, and from the Challenge Cup qualifying competition will compete in the 2016/17 Challenge Cup in five pools of four clubs.
- The clubs are divided into four tiers based on the qualification positions from their respective Leagues. A draw will be carried out in advance of the pool draw proper to complete the tiers.
- Each of the five pools will include one club from each of the four tiers.
- Each pool will have at least one club from the Aviva Premiership, the TOP 14 and the PRO12.
- There will be no more than two clubs from the same League in a pool.
- No pool will contain two PRO12 clubs from the same country.
- Clubs from the same League will be kept apart until the Tier 4 allocation.
- A club from the qualifying Competition cannot be drawn into a pool which contains two TOP 14 clubs or two Premiership clubs.
Russian side Enisei-STM are again in the pot after making their first appearance in last season's competition, Romanian club Timisoara Saracens making their debut after coming through qualifying.
Admission to all three home pool stage games is included in our 2016/17 season membership packages, along with 11 PRO12 matches and the pre-season fixture against Leicester Tigers at the Liberty Stadium.
Our superb value memberships for next season start from just £109 for renewing adults if bought before the Earlybird deadline on 9th July, or £149 for new adults. Juniors can join from as little as £20, with the Kids Plus offering a season of rugby and a 2016/17 home BLK Ospreys shirt from just £45.
For more information on Ospreys season memberships please visit ospreysrugby.com/2016membership now!!