Dan Edwards drop goal at the death seals victory for the Ospreys

Ospreys got off to a strong start, controlling most of the territory in the early stages and winning the first scrum of the game for a penalty.

The second scrum of the game suggested that the Ospreys might have the edge, but Ulster were able to get the ball away before the  penalty could be called.

The line followed was a similar story, with Ulster having two not straight and one free kick for a late throw.

Despite the Ospreys set piece winning the upper hand, it was Ulster that went the closest to scoring. A quickly taken cross field kick from a penalty almost found it’s way into Stockdale’s hands she great recovery work from Jack Walsh was enough to put him off.

As we passed 20 minutes, Ospreys took the lead through a penalty from Dan Edwards. Ospreys 3-0 Ulster.

Ulster answered back almost instantly after a string carries near the Ospreys line eventually resulted in Marcus Rea powering his way over. Try converted, Ospreys 3-7 Ulster.

Not long after the Ulster score, Ospreys were able to close the gap to one point thanks to the boot of Dan Edwards. Ospreys 6-7 Ulster.

With half time approaching, Ulster had a spell of possession near the Ospreys line but some solid red zone defence meant that the boys were able to close out the half.



Ulster came out the stronger of the two teams in the second half, with pressure from the away side resulting in Morgan Morse being sent to the bin.

Harri Deaves was having a stormer! He stopped a certain try soon after the sin bin and won a crucial turnover in the Ospreys 22 a couple of phases later.

Despite the man advantage, the Ospreys were the next team to put points on the board through a Dan Eds penalty. Ospreys 9-7 Ulster.

Soon after the score, the Ospreys were reduced to 13 men after Ratti was deemed to have tripped an Ulster player in the tackle.

Ulster took instant advantage of the two sin bins, scoring through a rolling maul. Try converted, Ospreys 9-14 Ulster.

As Morgan Morse returned to the pitch from his sin bin, the away side saw their first yellow of the game. With 20 minutes to go, the teams were level at 14 men apiece.

TRY FOR OSPREYS! Jack Walsh intercepted the ball inside the Ospreys 22, and throws a brilliant offload to see Dan Edwards run the length of the pitch to the Ulster 22. Dan was brought down but presented a pass off the ground to Keiran Williams who goes under the posts to finish!  Dan Eds converted, Ospreys 16-14 Ulster.

A quality grubber from Rhys Henry! Alex Cuthbert made a tackle on the wing before getting up quickly to disrupt the ruck. The ball popped free as Henry recovered and grubbed through to put the pressure on Ulster.

With five minutes to go, Ulster took the lead through a well taken kick inside their own half. Ospreys 14-17 Ulster.

DAN EDWARDS ICE IN THE VEINS! As the clock hit red, Dan Eds pulled up for the drop goal and slotted it right through the middle of the posts to win the game. An unreal kick from the youngster.

Ospreys coolly collected the restart and pout the ball out to secure a nail-biting comeback victory and cement our place in the URC top eight. The road to the knockouts continues!