Cardiff Blues U18's 39 - 12 Ospreys U18's

Despite a tight first half with just three points between the teams at the break, the home side dominated the final 35 scoring 4 tries in 20 minutes

The Ospreys Under 18's travelled to Cardiff Arms Park forthe third game in their Regional Age Grade season last night where despite a promising first half, they failed to hold out a massive second half effort from the home side.

The Eyasses got the first chance at points in the game after they were awarded a penalty but Cai Evans' kick failed to find its target and instead it was the Cardiff Blue's that scored first. Declan Williams crossing for the first try of the game before Ben Thomas converted.

Both teams struggled to break through the opposition defence for a long period until an interception for the Eyasses allowed Callum Carson to get them on the scoreboard. With ten minutes to go before half time, Cai Evans evened the scores with a successful conversion.

The Blues retook the lead soon after with Thomas kicking a successful penalty but just before half time they were penalised themselves and there was an opportunity for the Ospreys to take it to 10 all at the break. Evans kick went wide however and at half time the score was:

Cardiff Blues U18's 10 - 7 Ospreys U18's

Unlike the first 35 minutes where the teams were evenly matched the home side dominated after the break. Within the first 9 minutes Ben Thomas for the Blues added 10 points all by himself with a converted try and penalty.

Soon after the Blues were on the attack again and a driving maul pushed them over the try line and Aled Ward dropped down to score. Ben Jones, taking over kicking duties, successfully converting and taking their lead to 20 points.

The Eyasses weren't giving up in their own attacking efforts and with ten minutes remaining Connor Tantum put the ball down in the corner for the Ospreys second try of the evening. Jed O'Riley missing the conversion attempt.  

The Blues weren't going to let the young Ospreys back into the game though and within two minutes tries four and five came. Ben Jones putting the ball down and converting his own try before Tom Mabley also got himself on the scoresheet for the home side. Ben Jones' failed conversion the Blues Under 18's only miss of the night.

FT: Cardiff Blues U18's 39 - 12 Ospreys U18's