The eight contenders for the prestigious BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year 2015 award have been revealed today, with Ospreys outside half Dan Biggar included on the list.
The contenders in full are:
- Wales and Real Madrid footballer Gareth Bale, whose goals helped take Wales to Euro 2016
- Ospreys and Wales Rugby Union international Dan Biggar who had a stand-out Rugby World Cup and Six Nations
- Discus and Shot Put Double World Champion and Record holder, Paralympian Aled Sion Davies
- European Games gold medallist and World Grand Prix winner, Taekwondo athlete Jade Jones
- The new IBF World Featherweight Champion who also defended his title this year, boxer Lee Selby
- Back from injury to qualify for the 2016 Olympics, triathlete Non Stanford
- Classic winner and career-best Tour de France finisher, cyclist Geraint Thomas
- Wales and Swansea City football captain Ashley Williams who led his country to next year’s European Finals.
The title will be decided by public vote with the winner announced at the Wales Sport Awards 2015 on Monday 7 December, at the Sport Wales National Centre in Cardiff.
The Wales Sport Awards 2015 event is a partnership between BBC Wales and Sport Wales, bringing together a wide range of awards - including the Sport Wales Coach of the Year and Team of the Year - and the BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year award.
Public voting, by phone and text, opens on Monday 30 November until Saturday 5 December. Full details on how to vote will be given on Monday 30 November at bbc.co.uk/sportwales
The BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year shortlist is decided from an extensive list of the top sportspeople from 2015 by an expert panel. The panel this year comprises former Welsh women’s Rugby International Non Evans, former Wales striker Nathan Blake, former paralympian Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson, former Wales International Rugby union player and National Director of the English Institute of Sport, Nigel Walker, and Olympic finalist sprinter Christian Malcolm.