Ospreys Rugby and Swansea RFC are recruiting a part-time Pathway Strength & Conditioning coach.
The objective of the role is to develop Ospreys age grade players and also to lead Swansea RFC’s strength & conditioning programme.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily delivery of strength & conditioning programmes.
The applicant should be competent at basic programming using evidence-based methodology, also demonstrating an understanding of the practical application of the methods.
The successful candidate will require at least 2 years background in sport/rugby and have the ability to demonstrate a variety of movements and lifting techniques competently, the ability to integrate methodology onto the pitch is also critical for the position.
The successful applicant will have the following credentials
- BSc in Sports Science or related discipline
- UKSCA level 1 or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of strength and conditioning programmes
- A passion for their own training, currently competitive or previously competitive in their own discipline
- An excellent skillset for coaching Olympic lifting that is safe, progressive and methodical to ensure sound foundations are developed in accordance with athlete LTAD
- Underway in a Postgraduate qualification in Strength & Conditioning and/or a related discipline
- Experience working within rugby
- Competed at elite age grade or elite senior level in sport.
Summary of key responsibilities
- Programme design and delivery aimed at foundation physical development at age grade level, a grasp of physical literacy with the ability to deliver strength, speed, mobility and recovery sessions
- Testing and record keeping of daily, weekly and annual data to ensure a logical and evidenced based athletic progression is achieved. Data collating, reporting and delivery to players and line managers
- Game day responsibilities for age grade Ospreys and SRFC fixtures, this includes away travel where appropriate, pre game preparation, warm ups, messages and post game recovery
- Co-ordinate with current communication links to local universities to maintain and improve partnerships, contribute to research and potentially manage an internship student
- Produce a robust testing criteria in line with Ospreys procedures and best practice
- Assist the Ospreys S & C departmental with administration, equipment and facility maintenance and management tasks as required
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Availability for flexible working hours.
- Able to communicate effectively with Osprey staff, SRFC staff and club managers.
- Adaptable to work to the demands of the job and needs of the players.
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development.
- Good IT and presentation delivery skills.
- Focused on individual player development within a team, understanding of a team culture.
- Ideally lives locally to Llandarcy and Swansea
Ospreys rugby is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
To apply for the Strength and conditioning role position, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Please note replies will not be given to applicants who do not meet the essential requirements of the job