A win and a draw for the Ospreys Under 16's

The Ospreys East team continued their winning streak while the West side held on for a Valentine's Day draw against the Scarlets

The Ospreys East Under 16's continued their winning streakwith a home victory over the Dragons South Under 16's at Llandarcy on Friday night. A 31 - 10 victory, their fourth win in a row. There was just a minute on the clock when Will Barraclough powered over for the first try of the evening and within the next twenty minutes Caine Woolerton and Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler had joined him on the scoreboard. Thomas-Wheeler's conversion  of his own try was his first successful kick of the evening and gave the young Ospreys a 17 - 0 lead at half time.

Five minutes into the second half Woolerton was over for his second try of the game and Thomas-Wheeler had added a successful conversion. At the start of the second quarter the Dragons finally got their in into the game. Rhys Dirlucia was penalised for being offside at the maul and the Dragons South prop Luke Yendle put the ball down to score a try that went unconverted.

The Dragons swiftly added a second unconverted try through Garin Price but it was too little too late and the Ospreys East had the final say of the game. Frankie Jones adding try number five for the home side before replacement Harry Hopkins' successful conversion brought the match to a close.

FT: Ospreys East Under 16's 31 - 10 Dragons South Under 16's


There was a Valentine's Day date for the Ospreys West Under 16's as they welcomed the Scarlets West Under 16's to Llandarcy on Sunday.

Just like their East counterparts, the Ospreys West side got off to a good start with a score after just a minute. Second row Rhys Laugharne got himself over the whitewash for an unconverted try. Just over ten minutes later the Ospreys West were celebrating again as Ben Cambriani scored their second try of the afternoon, this time Josh Thomas successfully added the conversion.

However the Scarlets were determined to stay in the game and tries with the last play of the first half and the first play of the second half, with one successful conversion, meant the teams were tied at 12 all with 35 minutes left to play.

Both sides then found themselves a man down as Owain Evans, for the Scarlets, and Keiran Morris, for the Ospreys, were sent to the bin. Once back to full strength it was the Ospreys West side that struck first, replacement Tiaan Jones scoring their third try of the match. Thomas with a successful conversion to extend their lead. The Scarlets responded with a try soon after but with their conversion attempt not finding the posts, they trailed by two.

With three minutes to go it looked like the home team had sealed the win as Dan Hiscocks raced over for try number 4 but indiscipline cost the Ospreys as the clock went red. Dafydd Thomas was shown a yellow card for a professional foul and the Scarlets responded with a converted try to draw the game level.

FT: Ospreys West Under 16's 24 - 24 Scarlets West Under 16's