Saracens beat Ospreys to reach Heineken Champions Cup Quarter-Finals

Despite periods of dominance over the Saracens, the Ospreys were unable to progress to the next round of the Heineken Champions Cup.

It looked like Saracens might take the early lead in the game, but an early penalty in front of the post was missed by Owen Farrell.

Farrell was successful with the next kick however, putting the home team into the lead as we approached ten minutes. 3-0 Saracens.

TRY FOR OSPREYS! Some great line breaking runs from the boys eventually resulted in Keiran Williams spinning out of a tackle and playing a perfectly timed pass for Mikey Collins to finish. 7-3 Ospreys.

Saracens would’ve been the team to score next if not for some quality maul defence from the Ospreys pack.

Alun Wyn Jones had been making a nuisance of himself at the breakdown, causing real problems with his counter-rucking.

TRY FOR OSPREYS! Rhys Webb intercepted a pass, offloaded to Nicky Smith who brought it in superbly before breaking a tackle and offloading to Tipuric. Tips flew through but was brought down just before the line. Ospreys got the ball out to Keiran Williams shortly after who finished with aplomb. Owen Williams converted from out wide right, 14-3.

Ospreys try line defence was nothing short of superb in the first half. Despite an extended spell in the Ospreys 22 and multiple close calls, Saracens could only come away with another three points. 14-6 Ospreys.

With two minutes left in the first half, Keiran Williams was sent to the sin bin and Saracens took advantage of the extra man and scored through Malins. Farrell converted, 14-13 Ospreys.




Despite being a man down, Ospreys were the first team to put the points on the board. Owen Williams continuing on from his excellent kicking performance in the first half. 17-13 Ospreys.

Nicky Smith was playing like a man possessed! The prop was making line breaks like he was born to play on the wing. This time his hard work resulted in a penalty for the Ospreys. Williams put it through for three.  20-13 Ospreys.

Saracens answer right back with a score of their own, Malins able to finish. All tied at 20-20.

With just over 15 minutes to play, Saracens took the lead through an Owen Farrell penalty. Saracens 23, Ospreys 20.

Not long after, Duncan Taylor pounced on an Ospreys mistake and finished for the score. Farrell converted. 30-20 Saracens.

With the full-time whistle approaching, Tom Woolstencroft powered his way over to secure the victory for the Saracens.