Ospreys Vs. Leicester Tigers Match Report

The Ospreys may of lost this early season battle against Leicester Tigers, but that couldn"€™t spoil the atmosphere at The Liberty Stadium, with 7,010 fans turning out to celebrate Shane"€™s stunning career.

The Ospreys may have lost this early season battle against Leicester Tigers, but that couldn't spoil the atmosphere at The Liberty Stadium, with 7,010 fans turning out to celebrate Shane's stunning career.

The game saw 14 Welsh internationals appear for the Ospreys as they fielded two completely different sides in each half. The game also saw David Bishop and brother Andrew Bishop, starting their first game together. David Bishop appeared for the first time since badly injuring his knee nearly 3 years ago at Munster.

William's who currently has 43 tries for his country, failed to get on the score sheet against the Tigers, as the game finished 17-30.

A last minute penalty try sealed the game for Leicester as the Ospreys fell to the pre-season defeat.

The Ospreys we're forced into an early change on 15 minutes, Ian Evans off with an injury to his left eye, replaced by Alun-wyn Jones. The Welsh side had a bright start and in particular the line outs were appearing very successful.

Will Hurrell crossed for the game's first try after 22 minutes, with former Newcastle Falcons fly-half Toby Flood converting to move the Tigers 10 points clear. Jordan Crane's lengthy run put the Ospreys on the back foot before Richard Blaze supplied the scoring pass. Hurrell stepped Lee Byrne to dive over underneath the posts and give Flood the easiest of conversion attempts.

19 year old scrum-half Rhys Webb hit back with an instant reply on 23 minutes with a try of his own after a good turn of pace, putting the Ospreys back in the game. Daniel Biggar converted making the score 7-10.

With the game 32 minutes old Leicester were the next to register a try with a great individual effort from Matt Smith, he beat three tackles after fielding a clearance kick just inside his own half. Flood again converted a meter from the left hand touchline, making the score 7-17.

Daniel Biggar and Toby Flood each had a penalty before the Premiership Finalists lost Jordon Crane 56 to the sin bin for deliberately killing the ball on 56 minutes.

Andy Lloyd made the most of the numerical advantage on 61 minutes, crossing for his side's second try after Flood failed to hang on to a high pass behind his own line. Lloyd was left with the simple task of diving on the lose ball to close the gap to 5 points. James Hook's straightforward conversion closed the gap even further, with just three points between the two sides and 19 minutes left to play.

Although that was as close as the Ospreys would come to victory. A further penalty from Flood and the converted penalty try sealed the win for Leicester.

But nothing would take away the special day for Shane Williams, every time he received the ball the crowd looked on with anticipation, just showing what a joy he is to watch. He has already achieved so much in his career, but who would put it past him achieving so much more with the Osprey's in what looks to be a promising season despite this pre-season defeat.