Ospreys Cup U15's Finals

Bridgend Athletic, Pencoed, Bryncethin, Kenfig Hill all claimed victories in a day of finals at Llandarcy

Sunday saw the culmination of the Under 15's Ospreys Cupseason for clubs from across Ospreylia as eight teams went head to head in 4 cup final matches.

First up was Porthcawl RFC v Kenfig Hill in the Shield Final. Both had good run ins to the final, winning three of their five group games but with Porthcawl's wins coming with 50 - 0 and 43 - 0 score lines, they looked set to put in a good performance on the day. However Kenfig Hill came out to win with a strong defence and scored some good tries on the day.

FT: Kenfig Hill 29 - 3 Porthcawl

In the Bowl competition undefeated Bryncethin took on Mumbles RFC. In their meeting in the group stages of the development league, Bryncethin narrowly edged out the team from West Ospreylia in a 22 - 20 match. As they met at Llandarcy, the side from Bridgend continued their impressive season with another win.

FT: Bryncethin 34 - 7 Mumbles

In the upper tier of the competition TATA met Pencoed for the Plate title. With Tata not winning a game in the competition until a semi final victory over Neath Athletic it looked like it could be a runaway victory for Pencoed. However a strong performance on the day from the Port Talbot team was only narrowly beaten by a slightly stronger game by Pencoed who ultimately took the win.

FT: TATA 12 - 20 Pencoed

The Cup competition has seen some exciting games this season with some very strong sides battling it out all the way. Finalists Gowerton had only lost twice in the 2014/15 league, however even that achievement was overshadowed by fellow finalists Bridgend Athletic's 8 game unbeaten streak.

As the two teams met at Llandarcy they produced a fast paced spectacle of rugby but despite a spirited performance  and a never give up attitude from Gowerton, they couldn't hold out an unstoppable Bridgend Athletic side who made their way over the try line an exceptional 9 times.

The powerful Ath pack dominated throughout the game and there was barely a few minutes on the clock before they pushed their way over for their first converted try. Despite Bridgend Athletic going straight back on the attack, Gowerton made up for their earlier lapse and weathered the storm to keep them out. Instead it was the Swansea side who got on the scoreboard next as their 11 intercepted the ball on his own try line and raced the entire length of the pitch, avoiding tacklers, to score arguably the best try of the entire day.

Soon after Bridgend Athletic and their pack managed to add another converted try to proceedings but with both teams putting in some impressive moves in both offence and defence, there was some great rugby for the spectators and both teams were very much in the game. However as the first half of the match drew to a close, the team from Bridgend started to stretch out their lead with 2 converted tries within 2 minutes.

HT: Bridgend Athletic 28 - 5 Gowerton

Athletic started the second half as they had with the first and with great team work they forced the Gowerton defence to spread too far and with just one minute played they slid over under the posts. Despite Gowerton putting in huge amounts of effort, lack of ball cost them as did Athletic's seeming ability to score every time they had possession, as four more tries came in quick succession.

Full credit must go to Gowerton for keeping their heads up and continuing to fight for the whole match. Despite trailing by a big margin they tried so hard and came back with two tries right at the end of the game.

FT: Bridgend Athletic 59 - 17 Gowerton