Ospreys 8 Leinster 13

Ospreys outside half Dan Biggar scored a drop goal at the death to secure a vital bonus point in difficult conditions at the Liberty Stadium tonight.

A young Ospreys team took the field against a hugely experienced Leinster side. The Ospreys, who were missing twelve international's due to six nations duty, were led by prop Paul James. Hooker Ed Shirvington made his fifth start for the region in place of the injured Richard Hibbard and Andrew Bishop came in at inside centre after returning from Wales duty. Some future stars such as Gareth Owen, Kristian Phillips and Tom Smith also started alongside the experienced kiwi contingent of Jamie Nutbrown, Filo Tiatia and Marty Holah.

The Ospreys dominated the first half. Early on Dan Biggar missed a difficult penalty from the 10 yard line. Shortly after, following a dangerous Ospreys attack, Kristian Phillips was forced to leave the field with a suspected dislocated shoulder. Leinster's only chance of the half came on the 16th minute after they hacked ahead a loose ball from half way only to be denied by some good scrambling Ospreys defence. The only score of the half came in the 38th minute. After a long period of pressure, Sonny Parker managed to bounce off a couple of Leinster tackles to be awarded a well deserved try by the TMO. Dan Biggar's conversion came agonisingly close by hitting the posts.

After the break Leinster came out with far more purpose in their play. Almost immediately they were awarded a penalty, which Felipe Contepomi converted to get them on the score board. Three minutes later the Ospreys were given the chance to strike back with a long range penalty but Biggar's kick was just wide. On the 53rd minute Contepomi slotted another penalty to give Leinster the lead for the first time. With number 8 Filo Tiatia being yellow carded, Leinster started to pile on the pressure, which ultimately led to a try by man of the match Gordon D'Arcy. Conptepomi converted to give Leinster a 13 points to 5 lead. Tiatia returning from the bin lifted the Ospreys who finished the match very strong and came close to scoring on a few occasions. Just as it seemed they would come away with nothing for their efforts, the cool headed Dan Biggar slotted a nicely struck drop goal in the final move of the match, awarding the Ospreys a very well deserved bonus point.