Munster A 28 - 8 Ospreys Premiership Select

A strong second half performance from the home team saw the Ospreys Premiership Select side fall to another defeat in the BIC

Despite only trailing by four points at half time, theOspreys Premiership Select side suffered another defeat in the British and Irish Cup after a strong second half performance from the home team at Old Crescent RFC.

On a cold but dry evening in Limerick it was the Ospreys PS that got the first chance at points as the home side were penalised after just five minutes. Joel Matavesi's penalty kick however failed to find its mark.

Three minutes later there was another chance at the posts for the visitors as Munster A were penalised for coming in from the side. With the kick coming from the same spot, the angle was just outside of Matavesi's range again and the score remained 0 - 0.

In fact there was almost half an hour on the clock before any points were scored. Unfortunately for the visitors it was Munster through Matt D'Arcy, who powered over the try line before Bill Johnston added the conversion.

Shortly after it was a case of third time lucky for Matavesi as he eventually got the Ospreys PS onto the score sheet with a successful penalty kick in front of the posts. With neither side able to find the try line in the remaining ten minutes of the first 40, the game went to half time:

Munster A 7 - 3 Ospreys Premiership Select

It was a quicker start to the scoring in the second half as with just 4 minutes played Shane Buckley raced over for the home team before Johnston again added a successful conversion.

Not to be outdone, a few minutes later the Ospreys were also in the danger zone and it was Ifereimi Boladau that completed the moves and carried the ball over the try line. Matavesi's conversion attempt went wide but with half an hour left to play there was just 6 points between the two teams.

The teams were fairly equal for the rest of the quarter, matching each other defensively and in attack but as the final period began Munster A started to pull ahead. A line out put them in prime position and a driving maul carried them over allowing Kevin O'Byrne to drop down to score. Johnston again with a successful conversion.

The bonus point try came six minutes later, former Ireland U20's player, Sean McCarthy the man to cross the try line. Johnston maintained his 100% record in the match with a successful conversion.

Despite strong efforts from both teams, there were no further points scored and the game ended:

Munster A 28 - 8 Ospreys Premiership Select