London Scottish 49 - 7 Ospreys Premiership Select

Despite an equal start for the two sides once the home team found their stride they were unstoppable, running in seven tries.

The Ospreys Premiership Select today travelled to Richmondfor the penultimate match in their first foray in the British and Irish Cup competition. While there were chances for the visitors, including a second half try, they could not overturn the dominant home team.

Within the first ten minutes there were opportunities for both sides, London Scottish fumbled an early pass close to the try line and Matthew Aubrey's kick was superbly chased by Keelan Giles but the bounce went the wrong way and the winger was unable to collect.

However when the Ospreys PS were penalised with quarter of an hour on the clock the home side took advantage. Their line out on the 22 quickly leading to a try as Rory Hughes raced over the line before Peter Lydon converted.

Knowing it was a must win game for them to hope to progress from the pool, London Scottish were in a determined mood. They were soon back attacking the try line as the Ospreys PS battled hard to keep them out, eventually holding them up over the line. However they couldn't hold out the resulting 5m scrum. The pack powered forward before Matt Heeks dropped down to score. Lydon again adding the extras.

An interception on the half way line as the Ospreys Premiership Select started to build an attack gave the home side their third try of the afternoon. Hughes running it in for his second try of the game before Lydon converted.

In the dying moments of the first half the Ospreys PS gave away a penalty inside their own 22. London Scottish opted for the scrum and after the clock went red, were awarded a penalty try. Lydon's successful conversion kick bringing the first half to a close.

HT: London Scottish 28 - 0 Ospreys Premiership Select

It was a stronger start to the second half as the Ospreys PS settled into the game. After the home side were penalised with four minutes played the visitors had a line out inside their opponents 22. Unfortunately before they could reach the try line they were turned over.

A few minutes later there was an identical move by Scottish however their attack was successful and Alex Brown drove over the try line before Lydon converted.

From the restart the Ospreys Premiership select were back in the danger zone quickly after they kicked for touch themselves when the home side were penalised. This time however their efforts were rewarded and Gareth Thomas powered over for the try. Luke Price's one kick of the game successful as he converted.

With twenty-five minutes remaining in the game however it was too late for the Ospreys PS to stage a comeback and instead some clever teamwork and individual performances allowed London Scottish over for two more converted tries.

FT: London Scottish 49 - 7 Ospreys Premiership Select